Mr Ellwood has been revealed for the fraud that he is, and never again will I let his look of disappointment have any bearing on my dessert related decision making... for if he dares to so much as hesitate, I will simply say;
"Lemon Mousse Cheesecake "
So there you have it; 1) I married a closet dessert glutton 2) This dessert must be pretty good.
Lemon Mousse Cheesecake
Serves 6 (usually)
200g shortbread biscuits
50g melted butter
300ml whipping cream
250g cream cheese
125g icing sugar
100ml thick lemon curd
1 lemon, finely zested
1) Roughly crush the shortbread biscuits, mix in the melted butter, then spoon into the serving glasses and chill for ten minutes.
2) Whip up the cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3) Mix together the cream cheese, lemon curd and icing sugar until thoroughly combined. Fold this gently into the whipped cream until well mixed.
4) Spoon on top of the shortbread base until the glasses are almost full.
5) Top with a little zest and then serve chilled.